Friday, May 11, 2012

PAUL THORN: SINGER/SONGWRITER

Paul Thorn released his 6th studio album WHAT THE HELL IS GOIN’ ON? 5/8/2012.

Songs Thorn loves to sing by other songwriters. He says “I wanted to take a break from myself and do something different just for fun”.

FROM THORNS BIO: The idea for a covers album grew as Thorn encountered tunes that meant something important to him. "I would hear them in the tour van or I'd be at a festival and see someone perform them live," Thorn says, "and I'd say 'That's a great song, I wish I had written it!'" One thing all the writers of these songs have in common, according to Thorn, is that they are true artists. "They don't just write songs in an effort to become popular or follow trends," he explains. "At the risk of sounding corny, they write with their hearts. None of these songs are cookie-cutter tunes like you hear on the radio today. They all have real depth, which is very appealing to me."

The American, singer, songwriter has a southern rock, county blues style. (See review April 2011. Pimps & Preachers)

His original cover art is worth the price of the album along with some interesting renditions of “What The Hell is Goin’ On”, “She’s Got A Crush On me”, “Wrong Number”, “Jukin’ ”, “Take My Love With You”, and Shelter Me Lord”, and more.

He is funny, original, laid back, and a singer songwriter. We are sure to hear from him in the years to come.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVxIox0KXp4&feature=related

http://www.paulthorn.com/media/index.html

Tunedin4U.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment