Friday, December 24, 2010

THE BLACK KEYS, MUSIC GROUP

The Black Keys, Music Group
Who are these guys?  I first heard of them about a month ago and holy cow! They have 6 Grammy nominations, to be presented on February  2011.

Their CD/Album “BROTHERS” is nominated for Best Alternative Album,  and they have a sure fire chance to claim the prize. They also have nominations for (2) Best Rock Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocals (Tighten Up) (3) Best Rock Song (Tighten Up) (4) Best Rock Instrumental (Black Mud), (5) Best Recording Package (Brothers), (6) Producer of the Year, Non-Classical- Danger Mouse (Tighten Up)

Dan Auerbach, vocals/guitar and Patrick Carney, drummer/producer from Ohio started out in/about 2001, and has been banging out tunes ever since. “Brothers” is their sixth album with more to come. They are classified by some as an American Blues Duo, but I think they are nominated in the correct category as an “ALTERNATIVE” music Duo/Group.

While I have reviewed the songs on the album, “Tighten Up” and “Black Mud” are not my favorites. I tend to lean toward “Howlin For You” a kind of quirky, catchy constant tribal beat, with little lyrical depth, but that’s OK, this one is about the rhythms.

My other favorite: “Too Afraid To Love You” kind of reminiscent of The Animals, “House of The Rising Sun”. The dominant drumming, haunting vocals and I think a harpsichord make it a song I will listen to again and again on my IPOD.

****  Good Luck at GRAMMY’S!

http://www.theblackkeys.com/

Tunedin4U@blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment