Wednesday, December 22, 2010

JEFF BECK, MUSICIAN

Musician: Jeff Beck

I never thought I would review or purchase A Jeff Beck Number, but I have, and I am excited about it.  His rendition of Puccini’s “Nessun Dorma” on his CD Emotions And Commotion is breathtaking. Beck's performance allows me to visualize Pavarotti performing this aria when I had the opportunity to see him live several years before he died. He may have been the best tenor that ever lived, he has my vote.

Jeff Beck makes his guitar sing with this performance, he is in full command, and the best there is with his interpretation.  This CD is extremely well done, kudos to him.

He has been around a long time, from the UK and once with Eric Clapton and The Yard Birds, he has been very successful in the music business. I have known who he is and appreciated some of his work, but did not follow him, probably because he didn’t sing as Clapton does. He has been recognized by Grammy before and is again nominated this year four times to be presented February 2011.

Nominations for Grammy are:  1. Best Pop Instrumental Performance “Nessun Dorma” 2. Best Rock Instrumental Performance “Hammerhead” 3. Best Rock album (Emotion And Commotion) 4. Best Engineered Album, Non Classical (Emotion And Commotion)

I can’t imagine him not winning at least the Best Pop Instrumental for “Nessun Dorma”, because it is brilliant.  The competition is good, but he is far more superior and the best there is with this performance.

*****Nessun Dorma
Tunedin4U@blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment