Saturday, December 25, 2010

RAY LAMONTAGNE, SINGER/SONGWRITER

Singer/Songwriter: Ray LaMontagne

Ray LaMontagne, (pronounced /la:mon’tein/) is nominated for 3 Grammy’s this year to be presented February 2011.  His name may not be that familiar to most people, he is an American Singer/Songwriter and he has had some commercial success with his music in movies and TV. You would probably recognize the song, but not the singer. 

He quit his job as a shoe factory worker in the late 90’s and started writing music. By 2004  his Album “Trouble” was the first of 4 albums for Ray.
Several songs on this album have been used in movies and TV shows/series.

He is a soft spoken, raspy voice Folk singer with a Blues/Rock kind of feel.
He is nominated for (1) Song of the Year (Beg Steal or Borrow) from the CD
“God Willin’ & the Creek Don’t Rise” (2) Best Contemporary Folk Album, from the same Album and (3) Best Engineered Album, Non-Classical

I listened to his CD and I liked it and actually downloaded the two songs that I mentioned to my IPod. I may go back and pick up a few more.  I thought it was a nice change; an American Folk singer brings it home with his musical delivery.

****Check him out; I think you will find his music a nice addition to your collection. http://www.raylamontagne.com/us/home

Tunedin4U@blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment