Friday, December 31, 2010

2011 GRAMMY BEST FEMALE POP PERFORMANCE

Best Female Pop Vocal Performance: 2011

Grammy nominee’s Pop Vocal for Singles or Track

  1. Sara Bareilles, “King of Anything” (Kaleidoscope Heart)
  2. Beyoncé, “Halo” (Live) track
  3. Norah Jones, “Chasing Pirates” (The Fall)
  4. Lady Gaga, “Bad Romance” (The Fame Monster)
  5. Katy Perry, “Teenage Dream” (Teenage Dream)


All of these ladies are powerful competitors, but only one is the winner and I think it may be Beyoncé for her rendition of “HALO”.

Beyoncé:  “Halo”   Her performance is outstanding and widely acclaimed. Her vocals speak to all, and make a person want to hear more commanding songs from her. She didn’t grab her crotch or wear a skimpy little outfit or shake her booty to get our attention, she just sings. She has a strong compelling voice in “Halo” and I think it is the best ever with this performance. She deserves the nomination, and the win.

Sara Bareilles: “King of Anything” I have been a fan and follower of the singer songwriter since her CD Little Voice which included the hit “Love Song”. The “King of Anything” is a catchy tune, and a hit, but can’t say that I will download it. It will have to grow on me first. I reviewed all the tunes on the cd and decided not to download any of the tunes as they are similar to what I already have on my iPod from her, and I was not wowed enough to buy more of the same.

Norah Jones:Chasing Pirates” smooth upbeat, the best song on the Album which is an artsy crooner type CD somewhat like “Come Away With Me” Which I still like, and listen to but don’t need two similar CD’s. I did download Chasing Pirates, because it is different than the rest of the songs and I consider it the best song on the CD, but I want something better from her.

Lady Gaga: “Bad Romance”   I love this girl, she has it all. She is creative, innovative, and she can sing plus delivers tunes that make you want listen/dance to.  She certainly has set the female music industry divas on their toes. They are all trying to compete and outdo her, including Beyoncé, Ke$ha, Rihanna, and Katy Perry, plus anyone that is anyone in the pop world. It seems like a competition on who can get into the tinniest outfit and who can project the crudest image, while belting out a tune to Shakira like rhythms.  I will continue to follow her music and purchase selectively the ones that get me to sing along or make me want to get up and dance. I do have the FAME CD, and have downloaded “Bad Romance” from the Fame Monster CD because they are too good not to have in my collection. 

Katy Perry: “Teenage Dream” She has a sweet innocence about her, but she is a grown women that can deliver a tune as well as the competition.  She has a different style/look from the others, but well deserves the recognition.
She sends us mixed messages that may appeal to the Teeny Bopper generation, while the content is somewhat explicit. I can’t help but like the zest for life she radiates, and she can sing too. I will not purchase “Teenage Dream” but have downloaded “Firework” and California Gurls” from the same CD, and “I Kissed A Girl” from other work because they are fun, upbeat, and a little different. 

Tunedin4U.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment