Tuesday, January 18, 2011

WILL DOWNING: SINGER/SONGWRITER/PRODUCER

Will Downing:  Singer/Songwriter/Producer

Will Downings latest CD out in September 2010, Lust, Love and Lies gets you in the mood for making love by fire. His baritone voice is hot and steamy, and It’s makin’ me kinda hot music. I hear heavy breathing and emotions stirring as “Glad I Met You Tonight” plays on with visions of the night just beginning, and what may ensue. 
One moment please…………………….
Whew! I am almost forgot what I was writing about.  After a cold shower I can write a little more objectively, the fire has died down now, and I have my candy cigarette, I'm ready to go.

Will is the Barry White of contemporary jazz, and R/B Soul and Neo-Soul world. He has many Albums to his credit,and has been recording since 1988. I think he has 20 albums out, but not the recognition he deserves.  He is a sensual soul singer no doubt, and his CD implies just that. Although I will admit it is a different take than most albums. It is separated into 3 stages, as a 3 act play. It has speaking parts, less than two minutes, some 20-60 seconds to separate the emotions of new love, love, and lost love.  He projects a smooth, sultry and passionate lover.  I love the songs, but don’t really need the spoken words. The music says it all for me.

In 2006 Will was diagnosed with Polymyositis an uncommon connective tissue disease. The symptoms are weakness of the skeletal muscles, which control movement. It also affected his vocal muscles. He was confined to a wheel chair and it sometimes took a week for him to record one song, but with treatments he is much improved.

If you liked Barry White I think you will like his sound and sensual delivery of songs like; “Get To Know You”, “Consensual”  “ Tell  Me” . Also check out some of his previous CD’s. In 2009 he made a CD Classique, you would never know from the sound that he has been ill. It is a very emotional yet pleasing CD.  In 2002 he released an Album of Greatest Love Songs, where he sings songs made popular by other artist and again a very pleasing sound. He is not the deep baritone of Barry White, but defiantly a
baritone who can deliver a soothing sound.

Check out his sexy web-site and hear samples of his music. I think you'll like his sound.


Tunedin4U.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment